Most orthodontic treatment deals with correcting the position of teeth to provide a beautiful smile.…
What is Dental Monitoring?
Dental Monitoring is a program that has been developed by a global team of over 170 scientists, developers, dentists, and orthodontists, using high performance artificial intelligence. This AI is the first and only in dentistry to allow clinicians to monitor and engage with patients and their orthodontic treatment.
This allows your orthodontist to review over 130 aspects of your dentition. These include oral hygiene, gum disease and tooth movement, using images that can be taken simply with a smartphone.
How does Dental Monitoring work?
Patients can send in photos of their teeth using a smartphone securely from anywhere in the world. The AI then analyses the images and 3D files, and can then estimate tooth movement and create simulations of a patient’s teeth, highlighting any unusual findings.
What are the steps?
- At your appointment, you will given a Scan Box and asked to download the Dental Monitoring app. Your orthodontist will then guide you through your first scan and give you instructions on when and how often you will need to scan.
- You will use the ScanBox to take photos of your teeth, normally on a 1-2 weekly basis, which are then sent to your clinician via the app.
- Your orthodontist will receive the photos allowing them to review and track your treatment progress. This means less unnecessary trips to the clinic and less time spent in the dental chair.
- Messages and advice can be sent to and from your orthodontist via the app. For example, if areas are being missed when brushing, or your aligners are not fitting correctly in places, they can send you an annotated picture highlighting the areas that need attention along with instructions on how to overcome the issue. Alternatively, if you have any concerns regarding your treatment, for example, you have lost an aligner, you can let your orthodontist know immediately via the app, and they can deal with it in a timely manner.
- Photo time lapse technology means you can view your progress over time.
What is a ScanBox?
A ScanBox is nifty little gadget that turns your phone into a scanner. It enables you to take photos of your teeth from different angles which your orthodontist can then view on their Dental Monitoring dashboard.
The ScanBox comes with a phone support, mesh bag, instructions booklet, and two different sized check retractor tubes. You can try both out and see which you find most comfortable.
Is my phone compatible?
Most recent smartphones are compatible with the Dental Monitoring software as long as they are at least Android 5 (with flash) or iOS 10.
If you have a larger phone, you may need to be remove it from their case to fit in the phone support securely.
What are the benefits of using Dental Monitoring?
- Convenient – Patients can take photos at their convenience, either at home or anywhere in the world.
- Simple to use – patients use their smartphone to take photos of their teeth and simply upload to the app.
- Regular monitoring – Once photos are uploaded, dentists can regularly monitor a patient’s progress and track if any appointments are required.
- Early Tracking – clinicians are able to view any problems with treatment or oral health sooner meaning a smoother treatment journey, catching any issues early.
- Reassurance – patients can message their clinician using the app with any questions or concerns about treatment.
- Reduced appointments – with the ability to track a patient’s progress, the fit of the aligners, and oral health. That means you have fewer appointments and visits to the clinic.
Is it safe?
Your personal information is priority for our clinic and Dental Monitoring, that is why Dental Monitoring is HIPAA/GDPR compliant.
To view a ScanBox pro tutorial for patient with aligners, follow the link:
To view a ScanBox pro tutorial for patient with braces, follow the link:
If you would like more information on how Dental Monitoring can enhance your smile journey or would like to discuss your smile, call 01923 836334, WhatsApp 07709 524058 or email firstname.lastname@example.org today.